Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First Post Ever!

Why hello there!  My name is Donovan Sanchez esquire.  Okay so maybe not esquire but it does sound pretty cool.  I'm from the beautiful state of California, in the city that's home to the Jelly Belly factory (you'll have to research that one).

I'm an English Teaching major at Brigham Young University.  Go cougars!  I bleed blue and white through and through!  I only request that you do not test that last statement.  Please no.

When I graduate from this lovely university I would like to go and change the world!  How will I do this?  Through education of course.  I hope that the courses I give will inspire youth to live up to their potential, become more than they ever thought they could be, and lead happy and healthy lives.  I don't want to be the AP English-Shakespearean-abstract poetry reading type of English teacher.  I want to relate to students!  I want them to relate to what they read.  When my students graduate from high school they will love reading and writing!

Why then have I created this blog?  Well it's for a class, actually.  I hope to learn how to appropriately utilize technology to make the learning process exciting for my students!  All Pow (that means I'm done)!

No comments:

Post a Comment