I wake up at 5:50 a.m. and try to crank out a workout before the day gets started. This helps me feel better, more awake, and is really the only time that I can exercise. Sometimes I do pushups, pullups, and situps. Basically anything that ends with "ups." Other days I go running or swim. When I get back my roommates and best friends are usually eating breakfast. We make fun of each other for a couple of minutes, giving each other a hard time about girls or how the other one is putting on weight. We laugh and probably wake up the two roommates still sleeping or the guys below us. From there I'm off to work with the campus electricians. Work there is interesting. I once turned in a time card that described my day as this: 1 hour safety meeting, 1 hour talking with Mr. R (my manager), 1 hour spinning in my chair, and 1 hour flirting with the secretary. Sometimes work is busy. Sometimes I follow the electricians around for four hours like their shadow.
I get off at noon and usually to to the Wilk where I try to get food that:
first- fills me up
second-is nutritious
Notice the order.
I'm not a big fan of being hungry.
Around one I'm hitting the books. I'll be in the library or the office of the professor I do research for. After cranking out the studies, or going to work for my professor (whichever is more pressing) I'll grab some grub at the Wilk again (around 5:00 p.m.). I don't like spending all my money on food but It is extremely difficult to find time enough to prepare lunch and dinner. In past semesters I resorted to not eating, but this semester I vowed that I would not starve.
Again, I return to the books. I'm an English guy so I've got a lot of reading. I could be here until eight or nine depending if I go home for FHE (if we're having it I will be there). I make it home between eight and nine to unwind with my friends for an hour or two. Ideally I would get to bed around ten or ten thirty. IT doesn't happen, but I've got the goal to get ready for bed at 10:00 p.m. Around then I prepare for bed, read the scriptures and then hit the sack to do it all over again.
I like your resolve not to starve! You have a busy life! Eating is important! I think sometimes it's hard to fit in all the good things, but some good things you just have to make time for, right?
ReplyDelete