Monday, June 13, 2011

Youtube video embed




As a disclaimer, I got it to work on PowerPoint, but it won't upload onto my blog...sorry.
I'm going to be honest when I say that this was the most frustrating project of the class. And it shouldn't even be a hard one! I've been working with powerpoint 2007. I finally got the video to work but then I had to upload it to a googlepresentation doc and now it will not work on my blog.

As far as copyright implications for this project, I felt crippled about what I could and couldn't use. I knew that I couldn't use things from sources that may have uploaded bootlegged or pirated content, but how in the world am I supposed to know if they pirated it or not? Is there something that clearly outlines what we can and cant use? I know that I can use a certain percentage for educational purposes and fair use, but even then I'm fearful of what that constitutes.

As far as potential problems, like with what happened with me, I finally figured out how to put the video onto powerpoint, but then I couldn't upload it to my blog. Another potential problem is that even though you embed the vid, sometimes it will not play for you. You have to check beforehand to make sure it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment