I was thinking about how peaceful I was feeling when the thought crossed my mind "This is like the calm after the storm." It took me a second to realize the mistake I had made in the well-known phrase "the calm before the storm." Isn't it true though, that there is a calm after every storm?
I think about the apostles of Jesus as they toiled across the Sea of Galilee (which is actually a lake I might add) against contrary winds. They awakened their Master and he calmed the storm. How symbolic of the storms that He calms in our own lives.
I feel like for the last few weeks I have been scrambling, always one project behind, one day behind, one minute behind. This weekend I finally felt the calm after the storm. No doubt this calm only precedes the next storm, but at least for a few days, hours, minutes, I have peace--and oh how thankful I am for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment